The Skills Centre, University of Bath recommends The Academic Skills Handbook - an essential skills resource for all new and returning students.
Written by UoB Skills Centre Course Leaders, Diana Hopkins and Tom Reid - with support and assignment contributions from University of Bath students.
Designed to build your confidence and help you excel in your studies.
An ALL-IN-ONE Skills Toolkit will help you get started on:
- Essays (Various Types)
- Lab Reports
- Business and Management Reports
- Presentations & Posters
- Group Working
- Effective Reading and Note-taking
- Listening & Note-taking in Lectures
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Academic Style and Academic Grammar
- Exam Skills
- Chapter Diagnostics to help identify and address your skills needs
- Online Samples Library of real, distinction level student assignments - annotated with key structural and language features
There are 8 copies in the University Library
Also available at Amazon and all major booksellers.