Alex's app development

Updates and news on the development of Lecture Companion

Thank you

📥  app development

This summer was a fantastic experience for me. I learned a lot about the process of how an idea for an app is developed, and had a lot of fun doing it. The design sprint in Manchester was really interesting as it provided an opportunity to learn more about other ideas as well as refining my own. I'd like to thank Paul Bailey and everyone at Jisc for making the event possible and Keith Brown at the University of Bath for encouraging me to enter, as well as his feedback throughout the process.

The competition was a great way of exploring how app development works, from the initial idea right the way through to pitching it to a panel of experts, developing wireframe prototypes along the way. It extended beyond just the technical side of how an app would work and into the real world - would people use my idea?

My time working on the idea has come to a close now as I start back at university for my final year, but the concept of Lecture Companion has allowed me to explore the finer details of technology in education, combining two of my favourite things. One day I hope to revisit this fantastic field, and I will continue to seek out new things to help improve when it comes to the learning experience.

If you are reading this and considering taking part in this fantastic process, do it! I met many great people with innovative ideas, gained a lot of skills and most importantly had a fantastic time.

JD0065_SOSI_LectureCompanionProject_AlexDavies.pdf copy