Really fascinating read from the Guardian Professional published yesterday. Key points from the article include:
- The graduate jobs market is growing and having a degree will be increasingly valuable in the future.
- Rather than fears over unemployment the concern for the future jobs market is about pay, with an economy where we will see large scale, low income employment.
- Increased polarization between skilled and unskilled labour.
- The technology sector will grow but it will also displace some traditional jobs.
- The unpaid internship trend may fade away completely.