Hosted by Professor Peter Lambert, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching)
Academic staff and all those involved in supporting and delivering learning and teaching are warmly invited to join us at one of our ‘town hall’ open forums to discuss the next phase of our education strategy.
We will be sharing our plans to transform curricula and assessment across our UG and PGT programmes by 2020/21. Please register if you would like to join us at one of the following discussions:
Wednesday 6 December, 2:30-3:30pm, Weston Studio, The Edge
Thursday 14 December, 10:15-11:15am, Arts Lecture Theatre, The Edge
Discussion topics will include:
• Redesigning curricula to support a more programme-centred approach that enriches the student experience
• Developing our assessment regulations to offer greater flexibility, reflective of the needs of the next generation of graduates
• Retaining those features within our current programmes that have made us so distinctive and successful to date
• Ensuring that changes support more creative and sustainable approaches to learning and teaching and make better use of space
• Testing implementation via our early adopter ‘vanguard programmes’.
A panel including representatives from the Centre for Learning & Teaching, Academic Registry and colleagues involved in developing our vanguard programmes will be taking questions.
This is also an opportunity for you to contribute to our plans. We very much look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.
Tea and coffee will be served.
RSVP: To help give us an idea of numbers, please register if you plan to attend one of the sessions. Many thanks.
We look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, please email us if you have any queries or would like to submit a question in advance.