As this academic year draws to a close, it is time to start thinking about the software that would benefit you and your students in the academic year 2016-2017. Below is a list of the software that will be available to you on one or more of our platforms (General Teaching Labs (GTAs), public access computers (PACs), UniDesk etc).
List of software A – Z – check to see that what you will need is listed. (the version will be the most up to date on general release).
A – Amos, Ansys, Arduino, Autograph, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, Adobe Shockwave Player, Apple QuickTime
B – BlueJ
C – CambridgeSoft ChemDraw, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Corel PDF Fusion, CRAN R for Windows, Cygwin, Chrome
E – Eclipse, EndNote X7 from Thomson Reuters, EViews from QMS
F – FileZilla FTP client, Firefox
I – Intercooled STATA
J – JAGS
K – 9bis KiTTY
M – Maple, MatLab, Microsoft Office, Miktex, MindGenius, Minitab
N – Nvivo
O – Oracle Java(TM) JRE
P - Paint.Net, PymOL, Python
S – Systat Sigmaplot, Sima Pro, Softalnd doPDF, SPSS, SyntEvo SmartSVN
T – TeXnicCeter, Thunderbird, Turning Point
V – Visual Studio, VLC Player
X – Xming
Please note: we can only deploy software for the next academic year that is on general release from the supplier by the 1st July 2016.
If you need to check that the above software is available on the platforms you need please refer to our Software 2016 – 2017 wiki page. The page has much greater detail about versions, platforms and the timetable of rolling out the software across campus.
Requesting something different
Let us know at email@example.com. We will need the following information from you.
- Academic course code(s) for the course(s) you need the software for
- An approximate number of students that will attend the course
- Is it taught, semester 1, 2 or both
- Are there interdependencies with other software eg. is it a plug in for MS Word or Internet Explorer
- Your faculty or department
- Please provide licensing details
- Which platforms do you need the software available on? Eg PACs, GTAs, UniDesk, AdminDesk, LCPU