SAMIS will be unavailable, Tuesday and Wednesday 20 and 21 December 2016. This is a significant upgrade and, as recommended by our software supplier, we have set aside two days to complete the work.
We need time to back-up the databases and complete underlying work on the servers and databases before the upgrades commence. For this reason, we would ask users to stop using SAMIS by 6pm on Monday, 19 December.
The following applications will be unavailable for the duration of the upgrade:
- University user account creation & some other computing services user account tools
- Application Tracker
- Online Applications
- SAMIS bookings (PG Skills, University Open Days, UCAS Open Days)
- Applicant username and password generation
- SAMIS on the Web (Student and Staff: includes Unit Evaluation and Coursework Coversheet printing and scanning)
- Student Lookup
- Access to Student Information Desk (SID)
- SAMIS Desktop Client (Staff only)
- Business Objects (SAMIS-related reports only)
- Learning Materials Filestore (LMF)
SAMIS client users will be informed by email when SAMIS is available again or you can follow the news on twitter @UniofBathIT. Check the status of SAMIS at status.bath.ac.uk.
Connections to SAMIS
Data to / from SAMIS and other systems will not update during the upgrade. If you are responsible for any technical interfaces to/from SAMIS, please ensure that your connections to the database will not be attempting to run during this period. Systems that provide data to or get data from SAMIS include:
- Room Service
- Student Loan Company
- Students' Union (MSL)
- Exam Timetable
Thank you for your patience while this necessary upgrade takes place.