- Salary: Starting from £21,585 rising to £24,983
- Closing Date: Sunday 8 October 2017
Passionate about supporting customers with their IT and delivering excellent service?
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled IT professional, ideally with a background in IT support and service delivery, to join our Service Desk team within the University of Bath's Department of Computing Services.
What will you do?
- provide customer focused, friendly assistance for staff and students in person, by phone, email or other electronic means
- ensure that phone calls and other communications are handled in a customer friendly and professional manner and are recorded appropriately in our call management system using clear written communication
- provide sympathetic advice to customers on their IT queries, remaining calm under pressure, and where possible resolving their query or problem at first contact
- follow standard diagnosis routines to identify the caller and type of problem gaining sufficient information to resolve the query or where applicable to escalate to other teams within Computing Services and the wider University community.
- be expected to contribute to discussions about improving methods of working, to follow those methods once agreed and to document and maintain those methods so they become knowledge for staff across Computing Services.
As part of our ongoing commitment to improve customer experience and continual service improvement, we are implementing policies and procedures based on the ITIL framework. Knowledge and experience of working in such a framework would be advantageous as would experience of the usage of ITSM systems.
Why join us?
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition to this we offer the following employee benefits:
- 18% employer pension contributions (6% employee contributions)
- 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
- A flexible working environment
- Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
- Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
- Interest free loans for public transport season tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
- Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
- Discounted physiotherapy services
- Onsite parking
Who are we?
Computing Services is here to help staff and students of the University make effective use of computing for learning, teaching & research. We aim to provide an IT environment that matches the University's international, teaching and research reputation, and which contributes to the realisation of its key institutional strategies. Furthermore we aim to respond to both the changing needs of our users, and the wide diversity of those users through the exploitation of new technologies.