My Time In Bath - by Xigang Yang

Posted in: Uncategorised

This is a guest post by a former Academic Visitor with CRECEA who recently returned to China.

How time flies. It has been six months since I came to Bath. Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its Roman heritage and Georgian architecture, so there are loads of historic locations to visit around the city. This is a delicate city with a long history and splendid culture. I love this city and the people there.

For 6 months last year, I was a visiting scholar in the Department of Education at the University of Bath. During this period, I really enjoyed actively participating in the various activities organised by different research teams at the University of Bath, such as: monthly meetings of the methodology reading group at the Department of Education, monthly English as Medium of Instruction (EMI) research meetings, the EMI project, designing a motivational questionnaire and helping with data collection.

In addition to these academic activities, because the city is surrounded by beautiful countryside which is perfect for walking, and I was able to participate in a Charity Walk organised by Found in Bath.

Bath has a vibrant social scene, including a mix of clubs, cosy pubs, beautiful parks and fascinating museums. I loved to hang around the city and I have some relaxing coffee time with colleagues and friends in the center of the city. I enjoyed the parties and laughter.

I want to express my gratitude to my instructor and friends in Bath. Thank you so much for you support and help.

It has been a sweet memory and rewarding experience to work and live in the University of Bath and the city.

Posted in: Uncategorised