If you are on campus, you can read about the latest Content Publisher changes as and when they happen at http://go.bath.ac.uk/beta-release-notes. The monthly Digital Roadmap also contains information about recently delivered features and a longer-term view on what we're delivering next.
What we've delivered
- We've added "External Item" as a content type so that publishers can now pin pages hosted by older content management systems or off-site resources to Organisation Landing Pages
- We updated the Worldwide Collection to feature our activities in Brazil
- We shipped three new Collections for Induction: Undergraduate Induction, Taught Postgraduate Induction and Postgraduate Research Induction. In the process, we cleared off a huge amount of old content debt from three different areas of the website. This is also the first time ever that we have a provided a single, dedicated area for PGR induction information.
- We worked with colleagues at Academic Registry to transition their information about Individual Mitigating Circumstances from an old Dreamweaver section to easily accessible guides and publications. This section is now being fact-checked and we hope to launch it soon.
- Publishers can now attach .ics (calendar) files to Publications
- New subtypes are available: "Press release" for Announcements, "Letter" and "Timetable" for Corporate Information and "Handbook" for Publications
- Course Publisher is now using a reliable database infrastructure
What we're going to deliver
We have a lot of people on leave over the Bank Holiday week, and are in the first of multiple sprints to transition part of our student recruitment content. Nevertheless we will:
- substantially improve the mechanism for creating and editing Collections
- make the headings in the sidebar of an Event type all be the same size
- write up our first round of testing on our Organisation Landing Pages