Previously, on Digital…
- Liam and Ross met with the Library team to review the prototype of a new /library landing page that is optimised for task completion, has a clearer layout and makes editing easier with a structured content format
- Tom has been rewriting Group Manager, an application we use to manage access and permissions and which we are going to rely on all the more in months to come
- Kelvin and Liam were upgrading our version of Foundation (the JS & SCSS framework that underpins the latest templates used to structure our website) to the latest stable release, bug fixing, rewriting and rebasing as they went
- Dan and Tom started developing filter options to the blogs landing page to help users refine our long list of blogs to just those relevant to their interests
- Charlotte, Rhian and Rich started work on the editorial calendar for online communications with registered students - identifying annual events and contacting stakeholders across the university to let us know of such events or key dates, so we can plan a schedule of messages
- Justin completed a content inventory of the Office of Policy & Planning web content and passed this across to the project team for review, before starting an inventory and audit of Computing Services web content
- Justin and Paul created a draft content structure for the new section for Imaging, Design and Print Services
- Iris ran an inventory of the Computing Services section for custom features and code we need to be aware of (eg. help forms, Twitter widgets, accordions, etc).
- The team spent a couple of hours on Friday on a 'Data Hunt' to identify sources of data about the University campus that might be hacked into useful services in the future.
Next, on Digital…
- Editorial calendar development continues
- Running discovery work on content formats and site sections ahead of our CMS Alpha sprints in October
- Transitioning the current CMS to supported, upgraded Java infrastructure
- Developing our accessibility testing toolkit
- Work on the Computing Services, Marketing & Communications and Transport pages continues.
A very warm welcome to our new students on campus. You may feel a little disorientated but you are not Lost.