February has seen the plague sweep through Digital towers, but we soldier on!
What we did
- Extended the character limit on titles (and updated guidance about doing this).
- Allowed visitors to filter the lists of content its owning organisation.
- Changed how we display the list of available content types from landing pages.
- Made the content type label on each item link through to the filtered list for that type.
- Worked with colleagues at the University of Bristol to arrange testing of our information hierarchy.
- Created a beta of the backend of our UG Prospectus application (the frontend was waylaid by all our designers being ill!).
- Ran beta CMS training for some new staff.
- Created templates in MS Word to allow us to collaborate with infrequent contributors to bath.ac.uk
- Audited the popular news items on the current bath.ac.uk
What we will do
- Contact the universities of Exeter and Cardiff (as part of the GW4 Group) to arrange more testing.
- Ensure that we are listing all content items on our filtered lists.
- Turn the owning Organisation or Group displayed at the top of each content item into a link to the relevant filtered list.
- Stop Google indexing the beta for a little while.
- Unpublish most of what we've published so far in order to prepare for a real site to go live!
- Review all of the Student Services content in the beta in order to put it into acceptance testing before it goes live.
- Prototype some course discovery tools.
- Audit the events on www.bath.ac.uk
- Transition our content design guidance to the beta CMS.