Version 12 of our Digital roadmap has been approved by the Digital Steering Group, and looks ahead to August and beyond.
Progress made in July 2015
- Developed new publishing and design features for the new bath.ac.uk (see fortnightly sprint notes for more details), principally content types and their corresponding templates.
- Reviewed content audits conducted by departments and organised the sequence by which departments will transition to the new platform.
- Provided training in content production using agile delivery methods.
- Upgraded GroupManager, the app that simplifies the management and creation of groups.
- Updated several databases to Oracle 12.
- Provided separate staging and production environments for go.bath.ac.uk short URL service.
Priorities planned for August 2015
- Continue development of the new publishing platform ahead of shipping in early September.
- Support publishers in uploading and creating new content in the Beta publishing app.
- Continue integration of Eventbrite into event listings to provide booking management and manage the administration of multiple event organisers.
- Apply our new visual identity and patterns to site search interfaces.
- Set up a cross-departmental group to provide editorial coordination of student recruitment content.
- Supporting the development of an application to enable coordination and triage of events across all university departments.
As trailed in the previous roadmap update, we are beginning to roll out some improvements to its format so that it is easier to understand what is planned, for when and in what priority order.
In the August roadmap, we have:
- Added a contents page,
- Included an introduction,
- Improved the layout and readability of tables.
Further improvements will follow and we'd welcome your suggestions.
University staff and students can find the detailed version of the Digital roadmap on the wiki.
The next version of the Digital roadmap will be Version 13 and is scheduled for release w/c 27 August.