This week sprint notes is a littler shorter than usual, as members of the team take a well earned summer break. For those left behind its been a busy few days:
- On Tuesday Ross met with the Digital Steering Group (DSG) which approved our first digital roadmap. This communicates how our products and services will develop over the next 12 months. We'll post more details shortly, as well as sharing the roadmap with colleagues around campus.
- We began testing features for a candidate CMS with our Faculty Web Editors, to get their feedback and also to talk to them about what features they'd like to see and in what priority
- Chris and Tom Trentham continued to iterate on our new blogging platform, including adding Jetpack which will allow users to track the performance of their blogs
- Tom Natt continued his work on our new content inventory tool, which will make it easier for authors to audit content across the CMS and filesystem
- Justin completed writing up the results of the user story workshops, with the Office of Policy & Planning and Department of Marketing & Communications, as part of the Professional Services transition
- Ross and Rich sat on recruitment panels, interviewing for two new roles in Marketing & Communications
- We also continued preparations for online induction.
- Dan and Liam will continue work on the homepage prototype
- Miles and Tom Natt will consolidate our Research section content formats
- Kelvin will upgrade a key part of our version control infrastructure
- Ross and Rich will welcome four candidates on to campus and interview them for the post of Web Editor, Student Recruitment & Experience.