It is a straightforward matter to attach documents to a page on Confluence and then link them individually to items of text. However, in the case of a large number of attachments, many lists of attachments within a space, and/or where attachments are updated on a regular basis, dynamic list of attachments that respond to changes could be of more use and save time in amending text and links.
Attachments is a simple macro that produces an up to date list of the current attachments on a selected page, which can be filtered by file type or attachment label, making it ideal to manage attachments across a space.
Attachments has the following function:
- allows you to present, on a page of your choice, a dynamic list of attachments to a page of your choice, with files type/labels of your choice
How to add Attachments
- Place you cursor where you want the Attachments macro to appear
- Click on Insert (in the tool bar above) then Other Macros from the drop-down menu
- In the pop-up window, type attachments into the search box
- Set the variables up as you wish (say, the order in which the list appears or the file type of attachment that is included)
- Click Save
How to use Attachments
Attachments can help users locate the groups of documents they require quickly and easily. It can also help those editing the space ensure version control is maintained.