A quick update from the Director of Administration, Loretta Gibson, on behalf of the FED MSA team:
· We bid a sad farewell to Iain in July as he returned to his Scottish home. I took up my new post in September, joining FED from HSS. Thank you to everyone for making me feel very welcome.
· We also said goodbye to Yvonne Ascott who left us for a new opportunity in HSS. We are currently recruiting to her post in the Light Controlled Factory project.
· As we wish Rachel Knox the best of luck with the new addition to her family, we welcome Yang May who will be covering Rachel’s maternity leave.
· Over the past couple of months we have been focusing on recruiting our new PGT Partnerships Manager. Kirsten Brown will join us in early February. She is currently the Placements Manager in HSS but is very excited to have the opportunity to expand into the PGT setting, and particularly thrilled to be joining our Faculty.
· We are heading into an exciting pedagogical future as the Curriculum Transformation Project launches this autumn, led by our vanguard UG programmes in Chem Eng. Further updates will be provided as this project unfolds.
· We are sending a FED contingency to a networking conference in Birmingham in December, focussing on programme administration, student experience and marketing, and a further delegation to the AUA Annual Conference in Manchester in March – no doubt more blogs will follow!
· In the background I have been working closely with Ann-Marie Hartland on embedding the Effective Behaviours Framework into our job descriptions, recruitment practices, probation and SDPR. This builds on our success in achieving the AUA Mark of Excellence Award.
· And finally, look out for the FED Winter Wonderland extravaganza, coming to an office near you this December….