The international applicant student journey

Two University of Bath applicants share their experiences as they come to study in the UK for the first time.

My final week of preparation

📥  Uncategorized

My final week of preparation for Bath was a very frantic one. It started with having back to back meals with various friends and groups on the weekend and almost having a bad stomach at the end of it. But the following weekdays I, with my cousins, went for a roadtrip to Shree Mahavirji, Rajasthan, a sacred place for Jains to take blessings from the divinity (it is customary in our part of the world). It was a wonderful small trip, before a long one. The cool and present weather through the drive made it even more special.

Dinner with Friends at Barbique Nation, Delhi

Returning on Wednesday was the beginning of the countdown. Most of the time was spent anxiously preparing all the documents, going through arrival checklists, printing maps for the city and contacting friends in the UK for guidance. Lucy, my Mentor from the University was of great help in clarifying all my doubts and patiently answering my innumerable queries. Kudos to her 🙂
Excitement is at its peak now, as the final few hours approach. I am just stuffing in all I can carry (especially gifts from my family and friends), keeping in mind the generously stingy luggage allowance by British Airways. Leaving for the airport right now is giving me goose bumps as the fun filled, exciting, packed schedule of the fresher’s week approach with an extraordinary opportunity to make new friends. I simply can’t wait for my rendezvous with the English culture and the beautiful city of Bath.

Temple at Shree Mahavirji

Temple at Shree Mahavirji

Nishesh Jain