SAMIS will be upgraded on the 15th and 16th of July 2015 and that means that it will be unavailable from 6pm on Tuesday the 14th of July and for the next two days.
This is a significant upgrade and, as recommended by our software supplier, we have set aside 2 days to complete the work. The following applications will be unavailable:
- BUCS user account creation & some other computing services user account tools
- Application Tracker
- Online Applications
- SAMIS bookings (PG Skills, University Open Days, UCAS Open Days)
- Applicant username and password generation
- Registration Online (ROL)
- SAMIS on the Web (Student and Staff: includes Unit Evaluation and Coursework Coversheet printing and scanning)
- Student Lookup
- Access to Student Services Helpdesk (ESD)
- SAMIS Desktop Client (Staff only)
- Business Objects (SAMIS-related reports only)
All SAMIS client users will be informed by email when SAMIS is available again or you can follow the news on twitter @UniofBathIT.
Data to / from SAMIS and other systems will not update during the upgrade. If you are responsible for any technical interfaces to/from SAMIS, please ensure that your connections to the database will not be attempting to run during this period.
Systems that provide data to or get data from SAMIS include:
- Room Service
- Student Loan Company
- Students' Union (MSL)
- Exam Timetable