Free rainbow lanyards for staff

Posted in: Membership

We are proud to launch our allies network, in the same month as Bath and Bristol prides.

What is an ally network?

The Ally Network is a group of staff who are allies to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender + (LGBT+) community. Members of the Ally Network will take a proactive stance against discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status.

Why is it important to be an ally?

We know that hate crime against LGBT+ people is on the rise. We know that it can be difficult to fully be yourself at work, at home, or in your local communities. That’s why we all need allies.

What is a good ally?

The role of an ally is to listen to the concerns of the LGBT+ community, challenge straight privilege, and hold other people accountable who do not support the LGBT+ community.

How can I be a good ally?

Read Stonewalls page on 5 top tips on how to be a good ally: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/comeoutforLGBT/ally

How do I get involved?

Sign up here to be kept up to date with Kaleidoscope activities for allies: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8D7S8J6 

And you will be sent a free rainbow lanyard to show proudly that you are an LGBT ally!

(Lanyards can be sent by internal post only, expected delivery early August)

Posted in: Membership

• This is fab, I can't wait to get mine 🙂

• Hi

Please can I have 2 or more so I can give a few out?

Thanks Joe

• Hi Joe, we are expect to be quite tight on numbers as we only have limited budget to produce these - can you send people to the form if they wish to get a lanyard please? Best wishes, Sophie

• Hi All,

• I am a supporter. Family member attending Bristol Pride.

• Happy to support LGBT+ and Kaleidoscope

• Looking forward to getting mine!

• Definitely send me one, happy to openly support LGBT+

• Hi there, I tried to complete the survey but the site is not letting me. Am I too late?

• Hi Izaro, you are not too late, and I can;t find a problem with the form, can you try again please? Best wishes, Sophie