Progress to date
The project remains on schedule and the team are well prepared for difficult winter weather conditions.
- Excellent progress has been made on the façades on all elevations to prepare for installation of final finishings.
- Work on the roof has nearly finished.
- Preparation for the installation of photovoltaic panels has begun.
- Internal works throughout the building are progressing well, and the final joinery stage has begun.
- Installation of glazed screens will begin soon.
- Final works within the Atrium and on the feature stairwell have started and should be complete by late December 2015
Health and Safety
There have been no injuries or accidents on site, reviews continue to ensure a safe environment for the site team and pedestrians.
The noise levels will continue to be the same as previous months.
Did you know…?
On 22 October 2015 the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Dame Glynis Breakwell, together with representatives from the University’s Council and Vinci Construction attended a Topping Out ceremony. Topping Out ceremonies are held when a new building reaches its highest point. Traditionally the ceremony is conducted to thank workers for their efforts and to honour their safety.