The project has made good progress and remains on schedule, despite the halt in construction over the Christmas period:
- Work on the façade continues on all elevations despite delays due to the recent high winds and heavy rainfall.
- Screeding (levelled concrete flooring) has now been completed on all levels.
- Installation of pre-cast concrete planks and precast stairs has been finished in the North elevation.
- Structural topping (a layer of concrete and wire mesh on top of floor slabs) is now complete throughout the building.
- Raised access floors on Level 5 are in the final stage.
- Fitting of balustrade glass within the Atrium has made good progress.
- Fitting of internal glass partition screens has progressed to Level 4.
- Mechanical, electrical and second fix carpentry has made excellent progress on all levels
- Work on the lift infrastructure is now 80% complete.
- Internal plastering is nearing completion with work remaining on Levels 0 and 1.
- Installation of White Rock (hygienic wall cladding) has begun in toilets and kitchens.
Health and Safety
There have been no injuries or accidents on site, reviews continue to ensure a safe environment for the site team and pedestrians.
The noise levels will continue to be the same as previous months.