The project has made good progress despite recent stormy weather conditions.
- Large segments of the West core are nearing completion which means work can now move on to the East core.
- Concrete works in the West core are complete.
- The installation of electrical trunking in the West core has been completed, providing power to audio visual equipment and plug sockets.
- Internal doors and glass partitioning have been installed.
- Suspended ceiling systems in the West core have been installed on Levels 2-5, and preparation has begun on Level 5.
- Worktops and cabinets are currently being installed in kitchen areas.
- The installation of Reglit feature glass has begun on the North elevation. This needs dry weather as each element must be prepared to allow the glass to perform to its maximum efficiency. The site team have a covered preparation zone so in a dry spell the glass can be installed quicky.
- The final section of screeding on Level 6 is underway. Once complete the underfloor heating will be installed.
Health & Safety
One minor accident occurred in February, a small flesh wound on a finger caused by a scaffold pole.