A very special place

Posted in: Bath, On campus

Crispin and Formula student car
Crispin (right) chats to a member of the University's Formula Student racing team

Bath is a very special place to me.

So when I received the 2014 Alumni event invitation I immediately made plans to attend. Sure we’d had an informal 20th anniversary get together in Bath for the 1984 Engineering Class. I’d also travelled from my home in Toronto in 2001 to show my wife and daughters the University and city (admittedly with a secret desire that one of them may choose to apply). But, this was the chance to really take in the full university experience over two days of planned activities. Oh, and enjoy a few beers and laughs with old friends.

The Alumni Reunion embodied the University of Bath spirit. Confident, forward thinking, friendly, innovative and striving to make the world a better place. Each scheduled activity celebrated this uniqueness and cemented first hand why the University of Bath ranks #1 in many independent University surveys.

There’s another reason Bath is a very special place to me. Its charm and beauty attracted my wife-to-be in the summer of 1987. A Canadian backpacker traveling in Europe after graduation, Bath was on her must visit list. We met in Tilley’s, and will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this year.

Crispin Clarke (BSc Aeronautical Engineering 1984)

Posted in: Bath, On campus