Pawan Jolly is spending 1 month working in the laboratory of Dr Jan Tkac at the Department of Glycobiotechnology, Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava. This placement is part of the training provided within the PROSENSE ITN.
Posts By: Pedro Estrela
Sarah Rafiee joins the group as a PhD student with a PROSENSE Marie Curie Fellowship. Project: “Electrochemical localised surface plasmon resonance for detection of novel prostate cancer biomarkers”
Menelaos Demetriou joins the group as a Summer project student working on the setup of a quartz crystal microbalance measurement system.
Pawan Jolly and Pedro Estrela take part on the PROSENSE Workshop "The production and application of antibodies and their use in biosensors and arrays" in Dublin (2-3 July 2013)
Pedro Estrela attends the 2nd Prostate Cancer Translational Research in Europe Meeting (PCTRE) in Malmö, Sweden (27-28 June 2013)
PhD students present their work at the Great Western Electrochemistry Meeting (Bath, 3 June 2013):
- Nello Formisano (oral): “A new method of detection for small molecules using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy”
- Pawan Jolly (oral): “Aptamer-based biosensor for prostate specific antigen (PSA) electrochemical detection”
- Caleb Wong (poster): “Label-free biosensor arrays using open circuit potential measurements”
Pedro Estrela visits the group of Prof Sven Ingebrandt at the University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern in Zweibrucken, Germany (28-29 May 2013)
Ed Regan, Nello Formisano, Caleb Wong and Pedro Estrela attend the 3rd International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology (Sitges, Spain, 12-15 May 2013). The group presented the papers:
- Ed Regan (oral): "Enhancing impedimetric and potentiometric DNA biosensing with active sensitisers"
- Nello Formisano (poster): "A new method of detection for small molecules using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy"
- Caleb Wong (poster): "Label-free biosensor arrays using open circuit potential measurements"
Pedro Estrela receives an International Research Mobility Award from the University of Bath for a follow-up research visit to Rhodes University, South Africa.
Pedro Estrela gives invited talks at:
- 13th Topical Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (Pretoria, South Africa 7-10 April 2013): "Enhancing Impedimetric and Potentiometric DNA Biosensing with Active Sensitisers"
- satellite workshop Practical Electrochemical Sensors with Relevance to Africa (Pretoria, South Africa 11 April 2013): "Impedance based biosensors for portable transduction technologies"