Menelaos Demetriou joins the group as a Summer project student working on the setup of a quartz crystal microbalance measurement system.
Posts By: Pedro Estrela
Pawan Jolly and Pedro Estrela take part on the PROSENSE Workshop "The production and application of antibodies and their use in biosensors and arrays" in Dublin (2-3 July 2013)
Pedro Estrela attends the 2nd Prostate Cancer Translational Research in Europe Meeting (PCTRE) in Malmö, Sweden (27-28 June 2013)
PhD students present their work at the Great Western Electrochemistry Meeting (Bath, 3 June 2013):
- Nello Formisano (oral): “A new method of detection for small molecules using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy”
- Pawan Jolly (oral): “Aptamer-based biosensor for prostate specific antigen (PSA) electrochemical detection”
- Caleb Wong (poster): “Label-free biosensor arrays using open circuit potential measurements”
Pedro Estrela visits the group of Prof Sven Ingebrandt at the University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern in Zweibrucken, Germany (28-29 May 2013)
Ed Regan, Nello Formisano, Caleb Wong and Pedro Estrela attend the 3rd International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology (Sitges, Spain, 12-15 May 2013). The group presented the papers:
- Ed Regan (oral): "Enhancing impedimetric and potentiometric DNA biosensing with active sensitisers"
- Nello Formisano (poster): "A new method of detection for small molecules using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy"
- Caleb Wong (poster): "Label-free biosensor arrays using open circuit potential measurements"
Pedro Estrela receives an International Research Mobility Award from the University of Bath for a follow-up research visit to Rhodes University, South Africa.
Pedro Estrela gives invited talks at:
- 13th Topical Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (Pretoria, South Africa 7-10 April 2013): "Enhancing Impedimetric and Potentiometric DNA Biosensing with Active Sensitisers"
- satellite workshop Practical Electrochemical Sensors with Relevance to Africa (Pretoria, South Africa 11 April 2013): "Impedance based biosensors for portable transduction technologies"
Pedro Estrela spends 2 weeks working in the group of Prof Janice Limson at the Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Rhodes University, South Africa (25 March – 5 April 2013).
The visit was funded by the Mellon Senior Scholars programme of Rhodes University
Pedro Estrela gives invited talk at the Bio and chemical sensors workshop (Swansea, UK, 21 March 2013) organised by the Welsh Intelligent Polymer Processing Consortium for Functional Applications: "Label-Free Biosensors using Field-Effect Transistors"