Would you like to promote your research as part of a European-wide public engagement project?
Want to develop new skills that will be useful throughout your research career?
Then European Researchers’ Night (ERN) is for you!
ERN is an international event that takes place every year in several hundred cities across Europe and beyond and that engages people with cutting-edge science and innovation. This year ERN will be taking place in Bath and Bristol on Friday 28th September.
Over 20 activities will be happen on the 28th. We’re holding a briefing session on Tuesday 10th July, 1.15 – 2.05pm in 8W 1.34 for anyone interested in the following activities:
- Vlogging – learn how to create and share vlogs about your research and ERN events on social media
- Day in the Life – develop your social media expertise and use it to showcase a typical day in your life as a researcher
- Guided Research walk (Bath) – showcase your research and any links to Bath at this walk around the city
- Researchers on a Train – talk to train passengers about your research using a research object of your choice
- Up Late (Holburne Museum) – take part in an activity focusing on gender politics
This is a fantastic opportunity to: raise the profile of your research; learn transferable skills which will be useful throughout your research career; collaborate with other researchers from Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, and Exeter and, most importantly, to have fun!
If you want to find out more about the above activities or you have your own ideas that you’d like to contribute to ERN, do join us at the briefing session on Tuesday 10th July, 1.15 – 2.05pm in 8W 1.34 - Please register to attend here