Public Engagement Knowledge Hub Now Available

Posted in: Learning and Training, Toolkits and Guides

The Public Engagement Knowledge Hub is an online learning tool to introduce you to the foundations of high-quality public engagement. The Knowledge Hub, developed by the Public Engagement Unit, is open to anyone with an interest in public engagement and is now available on Moodle (and no, there isn't an assessment involved!).

If you are thinking about undertaking a project to engage public groups with your research, the Public Engagement Knowledge Hub is an online course with resources and activities that will help you to get your idea up and running and ensure your public engagement activity is successful.

The Public Engagement Knowledge Hub is intended as an introduction to public engagement and covers some of the foundations of high-quality public engagement. Topics covered include:

• Is my idea public engagement?
  • Why do I engage the public?
  • How can I get started?
  • How can I work with a creative?
  • How can I work effectively with others?
  • How do I manage my event?
  • How can I facilitate a workshop?
  • How can I evaluate my engagement?

To access the hub you can self-enrol after logging into Moodle. If you are external to the University of Bath please get in touch with the Public Engagement Unit and we can set up a temporary login.

The Hub is not intended to replace working with or coming to speak us here at the Public Engagement Unit, but we hope will serve as a useful resource for those new to public engagement or anyone who wants a quick refresh on a particular topic.

We would like to extend a thank you to everyone at the University and beyond who has helped us with the construction of the Knowledge Hub in a variety of ways including user testing, case studies and examples.

ChallengeCPD@Bath

The Public Engagement Knowledge Hub was developed as part of ChallengeCPD@Bath, a grant awarded to the Public Engagement Unit from UK Research and Innovation through the  Support to Expedite Embedding Public Engagement with Research (SEE-PER) fund. Between 2017 and 2019 the project examined the challenges associated with training and professional development for public engagement with research to understand the barriers and enablers to participation.

Check out the Public Engagement Knowledge Hub