The new U1 starts on the 19 September serving Oldfield Park, City Centre and the University of Bath. There will be buses at least every 7 minutes during the day and the service will run 24/7 during term-time.
For full details visit www.bathunibus.com.
It’s our next travel update, covering the campus and surrounding roads.
If you know of any travel disruption, please email email@example.com and we will include it in the blog.
Sydney Road is closed where it meets Warminster Road (A36), for BANES Council work on the 'Pedestrian Phase scheme'.
Wessex Water are carrying out roadworks at the bottom of Bathwick Hill by Tesco Express, and have warned that delays are likely.
Roadworks on the outskirts of Saltford are causing traffic jams along the length of the A4 from Bristol to Bath. Temporary traffic lights are set up near the junction with The Shallows which is causing tailbacks.
There are delays of up to 50 minutes Bristol to Bath, from the Hicks Gate roundabout to the Globe roundabout. Delays are also experienced going from Bath to Bristol along the A4.
These are unplanned emergency works by Wessex Water, so it is not known how long they will remain in place.
A concrete pump will be situated in the road outside 2 South between approximately 7am and 1pm on Thursday 17 September 2015 to facilitate building works in the area.
The road running alongside 1 South/3 South and the parking facilities beyond will be closed during these times.
The following parking will be suspended:
· two accessible spaces adjacent to 1 South
· one reserved space, one visitor space, one accessible space and the motorcycle parking area in the small car park at the rear of 4 West.
Pedestrian routes will be maintained and vehicle access to all South Zone car parks (including D Car Park) will be unaffected.
The road at the east end of the underdeck will be partially closed and controlled by temporary traffic lights from Monday 21 September 2015 for two weeks. This is to enable scaffolding to be installed ready for asbestos removal and electrical works. This will not impact upon any reserved or accessible parking spaces.
The university is having an Open Day on Saturday 12 September, and we have the following advice relating to traffic on the day:
- The city of Bath and roads surrounding the University get very busy, we suggest you add an extra hour to your travel time on Saturday to allow for this.
- Midford Road is closed due to bridge maintenance work near Old Midford Road. There is a diversion in place via the A36 and local routes.
- Also on Saturday is a special race event at Bath Race course, which is close to the Lansdown Park and Ride that services Open Day. Please be aware this may cause extra traffic in the area.
- Parking on the day is free, but and car parks will be very busy so we would suggest making use of the Park & Ride buses available.
UPDATE 17/9: Midford road is now re-open, as work has been completed ahead of schedule
Midford Road is closed due to bridge maintenance work near Old Midford Road. There is a diversion in place via the A36 and local routes.
First Bus service 267 will divert from Bath Bus Station via the A36 Warminster Road, left into Branch Road resuming its normal route at Hinton Charterhouse.
In preparation for hosting the Australian national rugby team, parking on The Avenue will be suspended from 9 to 28 September 2015.
Please do not to park in the Cats and Dogs home during this time, or indeed at any time.
For more details see please see: