A concrete pump will be situated in the road outside 2 South between approximately 7am and 1pm on Thursday 17 September 2015 to facilitate building works in the area.
The road running alongside 1 South/3 South and the parking facilities beyond will be closed during these times.
The following parking will be suspended:
· two accessible spaces adjacent to 1 South
· one reserved space, one visitor space, one accessible space and the motorcycle parking area in the small car park at the rear of 4 West.
Pedestrian routes will be maintained and vehicle access to all South Zone car parks (including D Car Park) will be unaffected.
The road at the east end of the underdeck will be partially closed and controlled by temporary traffic lights from Monday 21 September 2015 for two weeks. This is to enable scaffolding to be installed ready for asbestos removal and electrical works. This will not impact upon any reserved or accessible parking spaces.
The university is having an Open Day on Saturday 12 September, and we have the following advice relating to traffic on the day:
- The city of Bath and roads surrounding the University get very busy, we suggest you add an extra hour to your travel time on Saturday to allow for this.
- Midford Road is closed due to bridge maintenance work near Old Midford Road. There is a diversion in place via the A36 and local routes.
- Also on Saturday is a special race event at Bath Race course, which is close to the Lansdown Park and Ride that services Open Day. Please be aware this may cause extra traffic in the area.
- Parking on the day is free, but and car parks will be very busy so we would suggest making use of the Park & Ride buses available.
UPDATE 17/9: Midford road is now re-open, as work has been completed ahead of schedule
Midford Road is closed due to bridge maintenance work near Old Midford Road. There is a diversion in place via the A36 and local routes.
First Bus service 267 will divert from Bath Bus Station via the A36 Warminster Road, left into Branch Road resuming its normal route at Hinton Charterhouse.
In preparation for hosting the Australian national rugby team, parking on The Avenue will be suspended from 9 to 28 September 2015.
Please do not to park in the Cats and Dogs home during this time, or indeed at any time.
For more details see please see:
The University of Bath will be hosting participants of the Ride Across Britain cycling event between Saturday 5 and Monday 7 September 2015.
As a result the eastern-most section of the East Car Park (beyond the coach bays, purple in below image) and the whole of the East Extension Car Park (green in below image) will be closed at 8pm on Friday 4th September for use by event personnel.
The East Car Park will fully reopen at 10.30am on Monday 7th September and the East Extension Car Park will reopen later that day at 1pm.
Please remove any vehicles from these parking areas prior to the closures.
It’s our next travel update, looking ahead to the week commencing Monday 17 August.
If you know of any travel disruption, please email email@example.com and we will include it in the blog.
The University of Bath will be hosting the prestigious Modern Pentathlon European Championships 2015 on campus Tuesday 18 - Sunday 23 August 2015.
As a result the East Extension Car Park (highlighted in green on map below) will be closed Sunday 16 - Monday 24 August (inclusive) when the car park will be used by event personnel.
Please remove any vehicles from the car park by 7pm on Saturday 15 August.
The East Extension Car park (highlighted in green)
The closure will mean a loss of 200 pay and display (P&D)/permit bays; members of the public will also be visiting campus to view the championships, so staff should be prepared for some minor disruption during this period.
As previously mentioned, this summer the £7.5 billion modernisation of the Great Western Main Line reaches the Bath when Network Rail will be carrying out major engineering projects in and around Bath.
The work, which began on 18 July, is being carried out in two phases - the second of which begins on Saturday 1 August.
The affect it has on rail users is:
- All lines to the east of Bath (including Trowbridge/Bradford line) will be closed. This is in addition to the continuing work between Chippenham and Bath Spa.
- All services to/from Bath Spa will run from the west.
- Replacement coach/bus services will serve stations to the east.
For details of the service alterations during the two phases please click here.
Bugler Coaches have informed us that its 18B bus service to campus will end prior to the start of Semester 1.
Bugler Coaches Ltd will provide refunds for any unused multiple journey tickets.
Please post any multiple journey tickets to the Bugler Coaches office accompanied by your contact details for a refund:
Bugler Coaches Ltd
Tyne Coach Depot