On Sunday 12 February there's a ‘Relish running event’ taking place on campus.
As in previous years, half of the West car park will be closed from 8.00pm on Friday 10 February until 6.00pm on Sunday 12 February (Please see the area highlighted by a red box on the attached photo).
As from 10.00pm on Tuesday 6 December vehicles travelling along the underdeck from East to West will have a slight diversion in order to exit the underdeck.
The area which will be cordoned off for repair works will impact on the motorcycle parking next to the electric charger sockets (left photo below), which will be suspended for the duration of the works. Due to the diversion route the motorcycle parking area (right photo below) will also be suspended.
There is temporary parking for motorcycles opposite the west doors to 4ES.
Due to duct work leading from 2S to the Medical Centre, part of the 2S car park will be temporarily closed from 9.00pm on Wed 30 November (see below plan). This will restrict car and motorcycle parking.
The East overflow car park (highlighted in pink box below) is available for all permit holders to use, access can be gained by travelling through the East car park and the East extension car park.
The overflow car park now has a gravel floor as well as lighting which automatically comes on in the evening. There are also pay and display machines available in the car park for staff who have an occasional user permit rather than the standard permit.
April is the final month in which we are holding Departmental Open Days on campus. They are on the following days:
- Wednesday 6 (six departments)
- Thursday 7 (two departments)
- Wednesday 13 (five departments)
- Thursday 14 (one department)
- Wednesday 20 (five departments)
Please be aware that on the dates with more departments participating parking on campus may become challenging.
Read the original post on Departmental Open Days creating substantial extra demand for parking.
The Invictus Games team trials are being held at the STV from Friday 29 January to Sunday 31 January, with over 100 disabled athletes expected to attend each day. In order to facilitate parking requirements for the athletes part of the East car park will be closed off.
The area within the red box on the below plan will be reserved for the sole use of Invictus athletes for the three day period. It will be closed off from the evening of Thursday 28 and re-opened for normal use on the morning of Monday 1 February.
The university is having an Open Day on Saturday 12 September, and we have the following advice relating to traffic on the day:
- The city of Bath and roads surrounding the University get very busy, we suggest you add an extra hour to your travel time on Saturday to allow for this.
- Midford Road is closed due to bridge maintenance work near Old Midford Road. There is a diversion in place via the A36 and local routes.
- Also on Saturday is a special race event at Bath Race course, which is close to the Lansdown Park and Ride that services Open Day. Please be aware this may cause extra traffic in the area.
- Parking on the day is free, but and car parks will be very busy so we would suggest making use of the Park & Ride buses available.