Congratulations to Climate Action Survey prize draw winners

Posted in: Climate Action Survey 2023

The annual staff and student Climate Action Survey has closed and winners have been drawn in the prize draws to thank participants for taking part.

Thank you to all students and staff who took the time to complete the annual Climate Action Survey. Your feedback will help guide the University’s response to the climate emergency as well as helping us track progress towards our target of having Net Zero carbon emissions by 2040. 

Results of the survey are now being analysed and will be shared on our Climate Action blog during the spring. You can subscribe to the blog to be notified as soon as these are released. 

We were delighted with the response to the survey with participation coming from all levels of student study, across all courses and representation from every staff department and faculty. Overall, 14% of students and 41% of staff participated which is a fantastic result. 

As a small gesture of thanks for everyone that completed the survey, we offered an opportunity to be entered into a staff or student prize draw to win a Bath Gift card. Congratulations to the winners who have now all received their prize. 

Student winners

Congratulations to Daisy Wright who studies International Development and Economics, and who scooped top prize and won a £300 voucher. She said, “First thing I think I’ll buy is a new pair of slippers and then I plan to celebrate with some of my friends.” 

Other prizes went to: 

• 2nd = Rachel Hubbard, who studies Physics, is planning to use her voucher to invest in some new camera equipment
  • 3rd = Aisha Moussa who studies Pharmacology and is currently on placement 
  • 4th = Charlotte Matthews, who is currently on placement as part of her course in International Development and Economics, plans to have a few celebratory drinks at the Cosy Club or Botanist with housemates when she returns to Bath 
  • 5th = Nirek Vasa who studies Business 

Staff winners

Daniel Loughran, Reader in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, took the top prize in the staff draw and said "I was very happy to receive this card as an early Christmas present! I'm going to buy myself a fancy bottle of whiskey from The Whiskey Shop and treat my wife to a trip to the Thermae Bath Spa". 

Other prizes went to: 

• 2nd = Ben Harris, Head of Internal Communications, was delighted with his prize and is using it for a family treat at Thermae Bath Spa. 
  • 3rd = Emily Pollinger, Project Manager (Education), said “I am very grateful to have won this prize. For almost 20 years, I have been meeting for lunch with my good friend who is one of my old lecturers from the University of Exeter Classics department. We usually meet in January and choose Amarone (a stylish Italian restaurant beside the Theatre Royal) as he has very high standards when it comes to Italian food (and wine!) as his wife was Italian and he’s fluent in the language. Thanks to CAF for the great work they do within the University and for this fab gift card.” 
  • 4th = Cassie Carpenter, Divisional Coordinator in the School of Management, said “Receiving this gift card really was an unexpected treat, especially just before Christmas! I will be using it to buy some Christmas presents for my family – I think a visit to Lush is in order!” 
  • 5th = Andy Dunne, Media & PR Manager, put his voucher to good use to kick off his Christmas shopping in Bath 

Climate Action at University of Bath

The annual Climate Action survey is part of our ongoing Climate Action Project and helps pave the way towards our target of Net Zero carbon emissions by 2040. If you’re interested to be more involved in Climate Action at the University of Bath, please contact climateaction@bath.ac.uk.

Posted in: Climate Action Survey 2023

Find out more about our Climate Action Project