Dear overseas partners,
Welcome to the April 2021 issue of the University of Bath Agents' Newsletter.
We hope you are all safe and well.
As always, this edition of the newsletter is vitally important to make sure you are updated with all the latest news from the University of Bath.
There are a number of important updates detailed below, including scholarship information, details on our Masters Experience Week and the latest blogs and case studies from our current students.
Please look at the table of contents below to make sure you don't miss an important update.
As always please share this information among your teams and with all those involved in counselling prospective students.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships for September 2021 study at the University of Bath are open for applications. Many offer holders are eligible to apply.
We have a number of scholarship schemes available for postgraduate students with a range of eligibility criteria, including our Global Leaders Scholarship and Deans Award for Academic Excellence open to all nationalities. Both of these awards are available for students applying for coruses in our three faculties, for School of Management courses there are separate scholarships available which follow the same application dates.
The deadline for the second round of scholarships is April 26 for a decision by May 28.
We are also offering seven GREAT scholarships for students from China, India, Pakistan, Thailand and Mexico. The deadline to apply for these scholarships is April 26.
You can read about current scholars' experience below, please do share these with any students wishing to apply.
Latest Postgraduate online events^
Master's Experience Week^
We are pleased to announce we will be hosting a Master's Experience Week next month. The four day event will take place from May 18 to May 21 and feature taster lectures & introduction sessions from a range of Postgraduate courses on offer at Bath.
Tuesday 18 May - Engineering & Design
Wednesday 19 May - Science
Thursday 20 May - Humanities & Social Sciences
Friday 21 May - School of Management
More details on this event will be shared shortly via our webpages and social media, and all offer holders, applicants and contacts will be contacted via email ahead of the event.
Postgraduate Virtual Open Day^
Our next Postgraduate Virtual Open Day is now open for registrations, and will take place from 11am-3pm BST on June 9. Student can sign up for the open day here.
The Bath Master's Webinar series^
Our Bath Master's webinar series is now underway and have been extremely well attended so far. We still have a number of sessions coming up in the following few weeks, please do encourage your students to sign up for any appropriate sessions. Each webinar is followed by a Q&A.
- Pre-sessional English - Wednesday 14 April 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
- Accommodation - Wednesday 21 April 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
- Why Bath? - Wednesday 5 May 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
- Applying for your Visa - Wednesday 19 May 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
- Enhancing your Employability - Wednesday 2 June 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
- Campus life as a Postgraduate Student - Wednesday 23 June 2021, 10:30 GMT+1
Mandarin language webinar^
We run sessions specifically for our Mandarin-speaking prospective students which consist of a 30-minute webinar about postgraduate study at Bath plus a Q&A, all in Mandarin.
Our next session is:
- Master’s Webinar and Q&A in Mandarin - Saturday 24 April 2021, 12pm GMT+1
Visa & Immigration update^
CAS process for students starting in 2021/22 academic year
We are currently awaiting further guidance and should be in a position to start the CAS process by the end of April 2021. All unconditional offer holders will automatically receive a link to pre-CAS check questionnaire, therefore, there is no need to request a CAS. Once a satisfactory response to the pre-CAS check has been received, we aim to issue CAS within 15 working days.
The Student Immigration Service at Bath is available to support our international student communities from application through to graduation. The team is available by email and our webpages are updated on a regular basis.
- A fully online programme is open for application for 10-week (July -September) and 5-week (August -September) so any student can be confident in accessing PSE regardless of travel restrictions. The online option will remain available until the end of PSE 2021 on 17 September 2021.
- There are no changes to the standard entry requirements or application processes.
- Standalone and combined offers are as usual. Applicants for a standalone offer are advised to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) if possible, to allow maximum flexibility. See here for a list of which language tests are accepted for online PSE.
- The 20-week PSE programme will not be offered in 2021.
- In 2020 our online PS received excellent feedback. Students strongly agreed that the programme clearly contributed to preparing them for their future studies, that the teaching was effective and that the feedback they received was useful.
- We hope to additionally offer an on-campus alternative, but this requires changes in the UK Government and University COVID regulations. We will update our website and inform our applicants and representatives of any developments.
- Any on-campus alternative will have flexible start dates so that students can move from online to on-campus with minimal disruption to their studies and to allow for delays in immigration and travel.
- In addition to language, academic and digital skills, both online and on-campus students have a programme which includes:
- Careers and employability skills.
- Academic lectures.
- An active focus on global events.
- University life workshop from our well-being team.
- The Big Bath Project
- Case Studies.
- Cultural sessions.
For more information or queries please contact:
Degrees in Psychology^
There has been some confusion around the different Psychology master’s degrees available here at Bath, so to help your students make the right decision for them, we have put together some useful material.
- This PDF is a quick snapshot of course differences - Psychology courses comparison
Our psychology courses are very popular and extremely competitive. We recommend students apply as early as possible, as the course may close applications early if oversubscribed.
We offer a 4 year MPharm degree and a 5 year version including the pre-registration year specifically for international students. You can find out more on our course page.
We are very pleased that our Pharmacy course at Bath has been ranked first out of all 31 UK Schools of Pharmacy by Health Education England (HEE) following student’s performance in the national NHS recruitment round for Pre-registration (Foundation) Training. All of our 2020 graduates have secured employment following this assessment process.
Structural and Architectural Engineering (BEng/MEng with placement)^
This is a new Civil Engineering course for 2022 entry, and you can find out more about the course here.
Latest student blogs and case studies^
Below are a selection of some of our latest student blogs and cases studies, to stay up to date with all the latest posts please follow our student blogs here. You can also read our Postgraduate blogs here.
UG Admissions Update^
We have received a high number of applications this year and the calibre of the students are very strong. Some of our courses have been extremely popular, particularly Computer Science, Architecture, Management and Psychology. Competition has been fierce, and decisions have been challenging. We have communicated with applicants to keep them informed and updated on the current situation. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience in this matter.
Due to the numbers of applications, we have closed many of our courses to new applications. This is advertised on UCAS but also, we have updated our online prospectus to detail courses that have now closed. We should also advise it is likely that the current vacancies are likely to change, so if you have a student who is considering Bath, and the course is open, act now to avoid disappointment!
The Admissions Team work very closely with the Student Recruitment Team and therefore, should you be joining one of our many online activities, and you have a specific question, please do ask the presenter, if they are unsure, they will forward on to admissions for guidance. We hope you are finding our online provision helpful in supporting your applicants.