Dear overseas partners,
Welcome to the November 2021 issue of the University of Bath Agents' Newsletter.
We hope you are all safe and well.
As always, this edition of the newsletter is vitally important to make sure you are updated with all the latest news from the University of Bath.
There are a number of important updates detailed below, including details of our next Postgraduate Virtual Open Day, an update on Undergraduate admissions and details of many more upcoming events.
Please look at the table of contents below to make sure you don't miss an important update.
As always please share this information among your teams and with all those involved in counselling prospective students.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postgraduate Virtual Open Day^
Our first Postgraduate Virtual Open Day of the year will take place on Wednesday 17 November from 11am-3pm GMT.
This is a great chance for students to chat with current postgraduate students as well as getting their questions answered by our expert staff. There will be two webinars - a student panel and an expert panel containing staff from admissions, careers, fees & funding and accommodation, as well as many Q&A chatrooms.
Master's Webinars & Live Chats^
We are also pleased to confirm our initial schedule of Master's webinars and live chats for the coming year - with more likely to be added!
The webinars are below (please click the title to sign up).
- Answering 10 of the most popular Master's student questions - Thursday 25 November 2021, 11am
- Why Bath? An overview from a Master's student perspective - Thursday 16 December 2021, 11am
- Applying to Bath - Thursday 17 February 2022, 11am
- Campus life as a postgraduate student - Thursday 3 March 2022, 11am
- Why Bath? An overview from a Master's student perspective- Thursday 17 March 2022, 11am
- Pre-sessional language courses & academic support - Thursday 7 April 2022, 11am
- Your accommodation options at Bath - Thursday 21 April 2022, 11am (GMT+1)
- Applying for your visa - Thursday 19 May 2022, 11am (GMT+1)
- Life in the city of Bath as a Master's student - Wednesday 1 June 2022, 11am (GMT+1)
The live chats are below - you can sign up for any chat here.
- Thursday 25 November 2021, 12pm
- Thursday 16 December 2021, 12pm
- Thursday 13 January 2022, 12pm
- Thursday 27 January 2022, 4pm
- Thursday 17 February 2022, 11.30am
- Thursday 3 March 2022, 12pm
- Thursday 17 March 2022, 12pm
- Thursday 7 April 2022, 11.30am (GMT+1)
- Thursday 21 April 2022, 12pm (GMT+1)
- Thursday 5 May 2022, 12pm (GMT+1)
- Thursday 19 May 2022, 11.30am (GMT+1)
- Wednesday 1 June 2022, 12pm (GMT+1)
- Thursday 23 June 2022, 12pm (GMT+1)
- Thursday 7 July 2022, 4pm (GMT+1)
Agents Instagram Account^
We are delighted to have launched our new account exclusively for University of Bath agents.
The account will be a source for the latest information as well as highlighting some of our best content to help all of our valued agents. Please do follow the account as we share the latest news from Bath, updates from current Master's students and exclusive content showing exactly what it's like to study as a Master's student here in Bath!
(We are aware that Instagram is not available in China but will make sure this information is available via the other usual channels.)
Master's Prospectus 2022^
Our new Master's Prospectus is now available to download via our website here.
New Master's Video^
We are thrilled to be able to share our new video about studying a Master's at Bath.
We are also in process of uploading this video to our Youku account so it can be viewed in China, we will share this once ready.
Thank you for all your efforts on our behalf over the past year. It has been a pleasure working with you all and we look forward to continuing to do so in the coming cycle.
For those agents who have not done so already, now is the time to submit commission invoices for 2021 entry. Guidance for submitting your invoices and a copy of our checking template have been emailed out to you.
Please make sure that all initial invoices are submitted by 15 November to: email@example.com. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Undergraduate Admissions Update^
The new admissions cycle is well underway and we encourage applications to be made by the UCAS equal consideration deadline of 26 January. Many of our courses are extremely popular and the possibility of these courses being closed to further applications post the deadline, is highly likely.
If you need additional information about entry requirements not listed on the website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help.
We will not be able to consider Year 2 entry for any courses for the 2022 cycle due to current numbers. Should a student be considering transferring to Bath, we will only be able to offer Year 1 entry.
Decisions might take a little longer to ensure we can provide equal consideration to all who apply before 26th of January. Please review this webpage to provide you with an insight of the admissions process.
If you have any specific updates about exams being cancelled please email us at email@example.com. We want to ensure that we reassure students through the application process. Your support with this is appreciated.
MBA Admissions changes^
We now have application windows for applicants to apply for the MBA course and our scholarships. Information on how to apply for a scholarship will be provided once an application for the course has been submitted.
Applicants will need to submit their application form, be interviewed and submit their scholarship request in the same window. Students cannot re-apply for a scholarship.
The application deadlines are:
apply by 31 December 2021 for a decision y 31 January 2022
apply by 31 March 2022 for a decision by 30 April 2022
apply by 30 June 2022 for a decision by 31 July 2022
apply after 30 June 2022 for a decision in September 2022
We are delighted to announce we have enjoyed further success in a variety of university rankings.
Bath has been named one of the top 100 Universities worldwide for Graduate Employability, read the full story here.
We have also retained our place in both the top 10 of the Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide as well as in the Guardian University Guide.
Please do read and share the below stories from our students.
- MSc Robotics & Autonomous Systems student Harry Yu talks about his placement
- How my Automotive Engineering master's helped me land a job with Jaguar Land Rover
- 'Moving on - The New Normal' Psychology Student Sarah explains the new normal while out on placement
- Transitioning to the University of Bath from an International Foundation Year
Latest global engagement report^
In the first of our Global Engagement Report's, the International Relations Office share our key outputs over the previous 18 months. The report explains how we supported students to study and work abroad both virtually and physically throughout the pandemic, how our esteemed academics are collaborating across the world and how we continued to work to support the University's Internationalisation agenda.
Our economic courses below are ideal preparation for careers within government or industry that require a thorough knowledge of economics.
- MSc Applied Economics
- MSc Applied Economics with Banking and Financial Markets
We also have a new suite of MSc Automotive Engineering courses for 2022 entry:
- MSc Automotive Engineering with Electric Propulsion
- MSc Automotive Engineering with Business Management
- MSc Automotive Technology
- MSc Automotive Technology with Business Management
The two Automotive Technology courses are geared towards students with non-engineering background such as maths, physics, computer science, product design or chemistry. The two Automotive Engineering courses ask for engineering background in the entry requirements.
To share on your social media^
Please feel free to share the below videos on your social media platforms.