Staff at the University can use our form to register interest in having Windows 10 installed on their work PC.
Why do I want Windows 10?
Based on the Anniversary update of Windows 10, the University deployment includes: great new enhancements to the Start Menu, a better way to organise the apps you're working with using Task View & Virtual Desktops, the Action Centre and Microsoft’s new modern, secure web browser, Microsoft Edge. We’re also bundling in the latest edition of Microsoft Office 2016.
Freedom to do more – with the new Software Center included as standard, you have the freedom to install apps you need and to schedule Windows updates for when you aren’t in the office.
- It’s all about speed – Windows 10 has a much faster boot up time
- Security is key – Windows 10 has improved security features across the whole system
- Microsoft Office 2016 – use the latest version of Office to complete your tasks
- Cutting edge - a sleek and modern design, Windows 10 is a cutting edge OS.
Training and Support
You can book onto our Windows 10 self-paced training course. These run from May. Alternatively, you can download the manual from Moodle and work through at your own pace.
The Microsoft Windows 10 Getting Started index runs you through features Windows 10 has to offer complete with handy videos.
Key things to note
- Before your upgrade you’ll need to make sure any files on the C drive are backed up to a safe place not on your PC.
- The installation process from start to finish should take approximately one hour, so please allow time for that. You might wish to request an upgrade appointment with your IT Supporter near the end of the day.