- Salary: Starting from £25,728, rising to £31,604
- Closing date: 19 November 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled IT professional with an extensive background in IT support and service delivery to join us to support both campus and offsite locations.
You will make a significant contribution to the on-going development of an exceptional IT service and provide solutions within a changing business and technical environment. You will have the flexibility of supporting colleagues based offsite, as well as supporting colleagues on campus, therefore regular travel between University locations will be necessary and a full UK driving licence will be required.
You will be highly self-motivated, able to work alone or in a team and have excellent interpersonal skills. Considerable experience in a customer services or IT Support role would be a distinct advantage. It is expected that you would possess a deep understanding of hardware, software, and underlying operating system concepts, and would be looking to develop and hone their skills in all facets of IT support. We are introducing Service Management principles in line with ITIL best practice and experience of this and the use of ITSM systems would also be advantageous.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition to this we offer the following employee benefits:
- 18% employer pension contributions (6% employee contributions)
- 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
- A flexible working environment
- Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
- Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
- Interest free loans for public transport season tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
- Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
- Discounted physiotherapy services
- Onsite parking
Computing Services is here to help staff and students of the University make effective use of computing for learning, teaching & research. We aim to provide an IT environment that matches the University's international, teaching and research reputation, and which contributes to the realisation of its key institutional strategies. Furthermore we aim to respond to both the changing needs of our users, and the wide diversity of those users through the exploitation of new technologies.