Wanted: Mac and mobile device specialist
Reward: £25,728, rising to £31,604 + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled IT professional with an extensive background in IT support and service delivery to join us in a specialist position focussing on the support of mobile devices and Apple computers.
You will maintain an in-depth technical knowledge in the specialist area of Apple Mac and Mobile Device Support across the University. You will research emerging technologies, apps and operating systems, developing and promoting good practice and standards for integration, management, governance and security. You will be involved in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and policy as well as delivery of technical training and demonstrations.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition to this we offer the following employee benefits:
- 18% employer pension contributions (6% employee contributions)
- 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
- A flexible working environment
- Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
- Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
- Interest free loans for public transport season tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
- Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
- Discounted physiotherapy services
- Onsite parking
Computing Services is here to help staff and students of the University make effective use of computing for learning, teaching & research. We aim to provide an IT environment that matches the University's international, teaching and research reputation, and which contributes to the realisation of its key institutional strategies. Furthermore we aim to respond to both the changing needs of our users, and the wide diversity of those users through the exploitation of new technologies.