SAMIS will be unavailable Sunday 15, Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December while we upgrade. We need time to back-up the databases and complete underlying work on the servers and databases before the upgrade starts. Please remember to log out of SAMIS when you leave work on Friday 13 December.
The following applications will be unavailable for the duration of the upgrade:
- SAMIS on the web (includes Unit Evaluation and Coursework Coversheet printing and scanning)
- SAMIS Desktop Client
- Application Tracker
- Online Applications
- SAMIS bookings (PG Skills, University Open Days, UCAS Open Days)
- Applicant username and password generation
- Registration Online (ROL)
- Business Objects (SAMIS-related reports only)
- Student Lookup
- User account creation & some other Computing Services' user account tools
Data to and from SAMIS and other systems will not update during the upgrade. If you are responsible for any technical interfaces to or from SAMIS, please ensure that your connections to the database will not be attempting to run during this period.
The following applications will be available for the duration of the upgrade but will not be updated with data from SAMIS:
- Room Service
- Exam Timetable
- Student Loan Company
- Students' Union (MSL)
- Applicant CRM
- Student Journey CRM
Thank you for your patience while this necessary upgrade takes place. We expect to have all SAMIS related systems available again by 9am, Wednesday 18 December.