Big changes for Web Services and for me!

Posted in: Archive

Later today I'll leave the University and my role as Head of Web Services without knowing exactly when I'll return. After 3 1/2 years here I am taking some time out to focus on a new role... motherhood (to twins)!

It'll be a shock to go from managing and directing to being managed and directed by two tiny babies but I am excited about everything that is to come and confident I am leaving the team in very capable hands.

Naturally with any departure a period of change follows. I am handing over the reins to Phil Wilson who will become the Head of Web Services from Monday and Tom Natt who will step into Phil's Web Development Manager shoes.

We're also recruiting a Project Manager to fill in the gaps whilst I'm away.

Alongside this we'll also be welcoming our new Web Content Editor, Sophie Ottaway, to the team on Monday and we hope to have a new Web Content Manager and Web Supporter joining us shortly.

So lots of big changes to the Web Services team!

Before I leave though I just wanted to say something about the existing team...

In the last 3 1/2 years we've transformed ourselves from a technical service provision to a Digital Marketing team. We've not only been overhauling the website but changing the culture at the University and ensuring 'the web' is seen and handled in a different way - as the primary Marketing/Communications tool it is.

I'm proud of all that we've achieved so far and feel lucky to have had such a passionate and engaged team to work with. There are still too many Star Wars references, they are far too excited about lego and the geekometer is still higher than I would like but I shall miss them all and miss being part of the projects that are set to come to fruition in the coming months.

Goodbye for now.

Posted in: Archive