Hello Bath!

Posted in: Archive

My new place of work!
My new place of work!
I can’t believe it's week five already!

It’s been an exciting few weeks for me, settling into my new role and exploring this amazing city. I’ve enjoyed spending the days learning new systems and meeting stakeholders, the evenings sight-seeing and discovering many of the fantastic restaurants and coffee shops around the city.

At the end of July, I made the move from sunny Yorkshire to join the team as Web Content Editor for the business and research sections of the site. After working in the Web Team at the University of Hull, I was excited to see how things work in another higher education environment.

So far, I'm really enjoying myself. I’ve been blown away by the friendly and welcoming nature of the team who have all done their best to make sure I settle in - taking me for lunch, helping me with directions and inviting me to join them in after work activities.

For the first few weeks, I've been focusing on the business website. I've buried my head in statistics, audited content and evaluated the journeys of internal and external users. After lots of hard work, I've formulated a plan for the new external-facing business website and have started developing content and mocking-up new homepage designs. Exciting stuff!

There are lots of interesting projects coming up in the next few weeks. I'm very excited about attending my first CS Forum next week in London, with talks from world leaders in content strategy such as Gerry McGovern and Karen McGrane. It’s going to be great learning lots of new ideas we can implement in the near future!

Posted in: Archive