Hello from the new Web Content Manager

Posted in: Archive

It's the new year, so I thought it was about time I said hello!

As Web Content Manager, I'm the editor responsible for all content you read, watch and listen to on bath.ac.uk. My job is to make sure that I keep our 2.5 million readers happy; not an easy task trust me.

This is something I am familiar with from my previous role at Bournemouth University, working as part of a HEIST nominated team for education marketing.

With over a quarter of a million pages we share many of the same problems other large organisations have with content, including:

• bloat
  • no clear calls to action
  • poor organisation of information.

The good news is that we are well on our way to sorting these problems out with the launch of the new homepage, study, faculty and departmental websites during 2011.

The stakeholders I have had the chance to speak to have told me the new website is much easier to navigate and read. I have to agree!

This year it is our plan to launch the new About, Business and Research websites, as well as beginning work on the new staff intranet.  We will also be making changes to our training and support materials to help make your lives easier.

I also hope to start blogging more regularly. If you have any questions you'd like answered here on the Web Services blog  - it would be great to hear from you.

2012 looks like it’s going to be an amazing year. I can’t wait!

Posted in: Archive