Although flat-out with sprint work, the team managed to squeeze in a quick One Hour Upgrade before the Easter break.
As it had been less than a month since the last upgrade, I was expecting fewer stories for consideration. As it turns out, I needn't have been concerned - a massive 16 fresh stories were added to the backlog, of which 8 were voted on to the ‘To do’ board.
Once again, pairing on stories was popular - 5 of the 8 stories were tackled by dynamic duos. There were a couple of cross-team partnerships in the mix but we could always do with more.
What was started
- Tegan and Iris spiced up the deploy screen, adding more at-a-glance info and a fresh new design
- Justin K spent his hour improving our Trello-based induction board for new developers
- Rhodri and John worked through the summary paragraphs on our guides, improving consistency and relevance
- Tom T began the hunt for a good HTML 5 video player for our Wowza live streams
What we got done
- Dan’s attempt at a simple 'pens and pads' order turned into a clean out of the stationery cupboard. Turns out we have enough post-its to last for a while
- Hanna and Rhian put together a proof-of-concept screencast for Content Publisher training
What we learned
- We need to find a way to encourage more cross-team pair-ups for One Hour Upgrade
- Our current video streaming services are still reliant on Flash
- We have a lot more stationery than originally thought. We definitely don’t need any more Sharpies
Our next One Hour Upgrade is scheduled for 12 May 2017.