Are you considering doing a research-based placement? Are you wondering if it's right for you? Do you know which ones to apply for? Then have a look at these top tips!
Make a pros and cons list:
- Decide whether a research placement is right for you
- Consider what you value from the placement experience
- Excellent if you're considering a PhD
Know what interests you:
- Know why you care
- Write it down before you look for placements
- Use it as a filter to find the best fit for you
- Remember how long you will have to focus on one topic
- Try to read 3 full papers
- The key is to be excited by the work
Check out the video below for the details 🙂
And for more information on what is involved in a research placement, you can read my first blog where I discuss designing research studies.