To prepare for the new Intercity Express Trains, Network Rail need to test the overhead wires in the Reading area which will affect some nearby services.
Replacement buses will run on all routes through Reading, and some long-distance trains will be diverted resulting in longer journey times.
Trains will run on the following routes:
- Bristol Temple Meads to Didcot Parkway/Oxford
- Newbury to Exeter and mainline stations in Devon and Cornwall
- Theale to Newbury/Bedwyn
- Didcot Parkway to Oxford and stations to Worcester
- London Paddington to Maidenhead
Replacement buses will run on the following routes:
- Reading to Maidenhead
- Reading to Reading West, Theale, Newbury
- Reading to Tilehurst, Pangbourne, Goring & Streatley, Cholsey, Didcot Parkway
- Reading to Reading West, Mortimer, Bramley, Basingstoke
- Slough to Newbury
- Maidenhead to Twyford
- Twyford to Wargrave, Shiplake, Henley-on-Thames
- There is also work taking place between Bristol Parkway and Cardiff on these dates.
If you’re planning to travel between London and South Wales, please check your journey carefully.