August 3th – 6th we are putting on a range of events targeted at our postgraduate taught students here at the University of Bath. From Monday to Wednesday we have several events:
- How to succeed in the global job market
- UK and global job search
- Online networking
- Writing effective CVs
- How to succeed at interviews
- Overview of post study work visa options, tier 2 and tier 5
- Alumni support for career development
This will culminate in an excellent networking event on Thursday August 6th, with a range of online events where you can meet UK and international employers interested in recruiting you! Make sure to check MyFuture Events and book a place now!
There are also specific events for School of Management MSc students only, make sure to also check additional events here.
As many of our postgraduate taught students are from outside of the UK, we would like to highlight the specific support the Careers Service and School of Management MSc Careers Service give to our international students.
For all students & graduates
- You have of course access to all the same support and resources that our UK students have; that includes access to our MyFuture careers portal, with job opportunities, appointments with advisers, lots of essential careers resources, events and much more.
- For any coronavirus – relates news and support we have gathered lots of resources on online recruitment practices, links to virtual work experience and online skills development in our Coronavirus Careers Support and Resources
- We have also created a Get Started: International Students guide which gives you an overview of the specific resources we have for international students wanting to stay in the UK or go home to their own country after their graduate
- In the above guide we have a help sheet giving you an overview of UK job search and recruitment practises, access to case studies and blogs from international students from Bath and beyond, and further links to where you can get visa and immigration advice.
- Make sure to also keep updated on events via MyFuture Events, we deliver regular events particularly targeted at international students from UK and international employers, alumni events and skills development events covering UK job search and recruitment practices.
- Our careers and application advisers are able to support you every step along the way, whatever you are doing next. See our FAQ on how to book an appointment.
School of Management MSc students also have access to resources, events and one to one bookings via https://bath.jobteaser.com/en/dashboard