Comment moderation policy
We love getting comments on our blog posts.
Comments added to the site are usually reviewed by the blogger before being approved to appear on their blog.
Any comments made are the author’s opinion alone and do not represent the views of the University of Bath. However, they must adhere to our common-sense participation guidelines.
Comments will not be edited, however, any posts that may cause offence, use offensive language or contravene another of our participation guidelines below will be removed.
We will always try to acknowledge comments added within a 24 hour period during the working week. However, we cannot guarantee this.
If your submission to the site does not appear on the site, or is removed, it means that the blogger or the Digital team feels that the contribution does not comply with the participation guidelines listed below.
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Be respectful of others
- Stay on topic and do not upload content that is unrelated to the purpose of the post and site
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- In the course of using the community areas of this site, please do not post personal information – including sensitive information, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you or other individuals
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- Do not make any commercial endorsement and do not promote any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
- Do not comment in a language other than English, unless the post itself appears in that language
- The University of Bath is not responsible for the content of external websites.
If you have a query about why your contribution has not appeared/disappeared on the site, our participation guidelines or approach to moderation, please contact us at email@example.com.