What were we working on last academic year?
· Working to place around 400 new students into industry.
· Supporting 356 Engineering students who are currently working out on placement.
· Supporting around 200 Architecture and M-Arch students out on placement.
· Encouraging first years through peer to peer sessions and developing their CV skills.
· Sourcing new placements with industry.
· Supporting the companies with recruitment processes such as writing job descriptions, promoting their business and interviews.
· Organising photo shoots, case studies and blog posts to promote placements and update our printed handbooks.
What have we been working on this summer?
· Reviewing all 1st year CV’s – around 400 give or take!
· Helping 391 students settle in and get started in their exciting new placements.
· Assisting the 356 Engineering students and 160 Architecture students who are returning from placement and have assignment deadlines approaching.
· Preparing for our 'Engineering Your Future' fair which will be taking place on the 14th November – We already have around 20 companies signed up so far!
· Getting ready for semester 1 by preparing our employability sessions with outside speakers.
· Updating all our placement handbooks and Moodle courses ready for semester 1.