What is RCF?
NIHR RCF is a funding stream designed to help research-active NHS organisations attract, develop and retain high-quality research, clinical and support staff by supporting salaries.
Who is eligible?
Researchers, NHS or academics involved in people based research who will recruit from any of our Consortia areas; Bath & North East Somerset, Swindon, and East Wiltshire and the North and West localities of Wiltshire.
- the part of an NIHR Faculty member's salary which is not covered by other NIHR sources
- new staff, who are expected to be Faculty members, but who have not yet obtained funding from the other NIHR sources
- existing Faculty members who are "between grants"
- the time spent by Faculty members in preparing grant proposals
- the time spent by Faculty members in contributing to wider research needs, for example, in peer review panels
- the research-related time of NHS-employed administrative and secretarial staff who are supporting Faculty members in their NIHR-related work.
Please contact Dr Lisa Austin: L.Austin@Bath.ac.uk for an application form and the guidance notes.
Competition closes 13th October 2017