Congratulations to Pawan for passing his PhD viva!
Book "Biosensor Technologies for Detection of Biomolecules", edited by Pedro Estrela is published by Portland Press as a special volume of the journal Essays in Biochemistry.
3 of the chapters are co-authored by members of the group:
Chapter 1 - Introduction to biosensors
Nikhil Bhalla, Pawan Jolly, Nello Formisano, Pedro Estrela
Essays is Biochemistry 60 (2016) 1-8
Chapter 4 - Oligonucleotide-based systems: DNA, microRNAs, DNA/RNA aptamers
Pawan Jolly, Pedro Estrela, Michael Ladomery
Essays in Biochemistry 60 (2016) 27-36
Chapter 8 - Electrochemical biosensors and nanobiosensors
Jules L. Hammond, Nello Formisano, Pedro Estrela, Sandro Carrara, Jan Tkac
Essays in Biochemistry 60 (2016) 69-80
I. Tzouvadaki, P. Jolly, X.L. Lu, S. Ingebrandt, G. de Micheli, P. Estrela, S. Carrara
Label-free ultrasensitive memristive aptasensor
Nano Letters 16 (2016) 4472-4476
Marzhan Sypabekova (Nazarbayev University, National Laboratory Astana, Kazakhstan) is doing a 4 month placement in Bath, funded by a Newton Fund / British Council Researcher Links travel grant.
Serife Ustuner joins the group, initially for her MRes project, which will follow on to her PhD project on microRNA detection.
Serife is an Integrated PhD student within the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Sustainable Chemical Technologies.
N Formisano, N Bhalla, M Heeran, J Reyes Martinez, A Sarkar, M Laabei, P Jolly, CR Bowen, JT Taylor, S Flitsch and P Estrela:
"Inexpensive and Fast Pathogenic Bacteria Screening using Field-Effect Transistors"
Congratulations to Jolly for submitting his thesis! (one day before his xxth birthday!)
Jahnavi Jha joins the group as a PhD student with an University Research Studentship.
Project: “Multiplexed biosensors for drug discovery applications”
5 papers from the group have been accepted at the World Congress on Biosensors 2016, 25-27 May 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden:
- N. Formisano, N. Bhalla, M. Heeran, J. Reyes Martinez, M. Laabei, P. Jolly, C.R. Bowen, J.T. Taylor, S. Flitsch, P. Estrela: "Inexpensive and fast pathogenic bacteria screening using field-effect transistors"
- P. Jolly, P. Damborsky, N. Madaboosi, R.R.G. Soares, J. Katrlik, V. Chu, J.P. Conde, P. Estrela: "Novel DNA aptamer-based sandwich microfluidic assays for dual quantification and multi-glycan profiling of prostate cancer biomarkers"
- P. Zhurauski, P. Jolly, S. Liébana, T. Bertok, G.A. Drago, J. Tkac, P. Estrela: "Self-assembled aptamer modified redox activated gold nanoparticles for cancer biomarker detection"
- P. Zhurauski, A. Miodek, P. Jolly, N. Bhalla, P. Estrela: "Detection of prostate specific antigen by localized surface plasmon resonance of polyethylene glycol coated gold nanoparticles on glass substrates"
- Z. Yang, E. Castrignanò, M. Madel, M.R. Meyer, C.G. Frost, B. Kasprzyk-Hordern, P. Estrela: "Community sewage sensors for evaluation of illicit drug use trends by wastewater-based epidemiology" [Oral]
Z Yang, E Castrignanò, P Estrela, CG Frost, B Kasprzyk-Hordern: "Community Sewage Sensors towards Evaluation of Drug Use Trends: Detection of Cocaine in Wastewater with DNA-Directed Immobilization Aptamer Sensors", Scientific Reports, in press