Pedro Estrela gave a talk on "Label-free field-effect and impedimetric biosensors" at the Royal Society Scientific Seminar "Biosensors for diagnostics, environmental monitoring and water quality control", held in Glasgow, UK on 25-26 March 2015
Poster presented at Sensors in Medicine 2015, 24-26 March 2015, London, UK
J.L. Hammond, A.J. Gross, F. Marken, P. Estrela: "Nanogap Generator–Collector Devices with Miniaturised Electronics for Analytical Applications"
PROSENSE Fellows Pavel Zhurauski, Susana Liebana (Applied Enzyme Technology Ltd) and Vibha Tamboli (Cardiff University), together with SEWPROF Fellow Zhugen Yang held a stand at the Family Science Fair in Victoria Park, Bath as part of the Bath Taps into Science festival on the 21 March.
The stand had great success with the Fellows showing the general public and school pupils how biosensors work (and can be fun!).
Nikhil gave an oral presentation at the 2nd International Conference on Label-Free Technologies, 12-14 March 2015, Boston MA, USA with the paper
N. Bhalla, N. Formisano, A. Miodek, M. Di Lorenzo, G. Pula, P. Estrela: "Integrated nanoplasmonic and field-effect sensing for kinase drug discovery applications" (Oral - ref: K6)
Nikhil received funding from the Royal Society of Chemistry and the University of Bath (Alumni Fund Travel Bursary) to attend the conference.
A poster co-authored by the group was also presented at the conference
V. Tamboli, P. Jolly, J.L. Bowen, C.J. Allender, P. Estrela: "Development of a novel capacitive aptasensor for PSA detection" (poster P.29)
Pavel Zhurauski joins the group as a Marie Curie Fellow in PROSENSE
Pedro Estrela gave a talk on "Electrochemical biosensor arrays for DNA detection" at the BBSRC Workshop on Next Generation Tools for DNA Diagnostics, held in Edinburgh, UK on 26 February 2015
Zhugen Yang, Barbara Kasprzyk-Hordern, Sean Goggins, Christopher G. Frost, Pedro Estrela: "A novel immobilization strategy for electrochemical detection of cancer biomarkers: DNA-directed immobilization of aptamer sensors for sensitive detection of prostate specific antigen", Analyst 140 (2015) 2628-2633
1 oral communication and 6 posters accepted for presentation at the 4th International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology, 10-13 May 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
- P. Jolly, L.C.C. Wong, P. Estrela: "An electrochemical biosensor platform for the sensitive detection of miRNAs" (Oral - O.11)
- P. Jolly, P. Damborsky, N. Madaboosi, R.R.G. Soares, J. Katrlik, V. Chu, J.P. Conde, P. Estrela: "Development of novel DNA aptamer-based sandwich microfluidic assays for quantification and glycoprofiling of prostate specific antigen" (P1.097)
- N. Bhalla, S. Pathak, C.R. Bowen, J.T. Taylor, M.D. Lorenzo, G. Pula, P. Estrela: "Field-effect devices for kinase drug discovery" (P2.134)
- L.C.C. Wong, S. Pathak, T. Østerbye, S. Buus, C.R. Bowen, J.T. Taylor, P. Estrela: "Multichannel open circuit potential biosensors: towards peptide microarrays" (P2.054)
- N. Formisano, N. Bhalla, C. Wong, P. Estrela: “Multi-mode electrochemical biosensing for kinase drug discovery applications using ferrocene crowned nanoparticles” (P1.143)
- Z. Yang, M.A. d’Auriac, S. Goggins, B. Kasprzyk-Hordern, K.V. Thomas, C.G. Frost, P. Estrela: "A novel ferrocenyl intercalator based electrochemical biosensor for the detection of human-specific mitochondrial DNA in wastewater: identification of potential population biomarker for public health" (P1.063)
- V. Tamboli, P. Jolly, J.L. Bowen, P. Estrela, C.J. Allender: "Development of a novel Capacitive MIP-Aptasensor for PSA Detection" (P1.038)
Pedro Estrela, Pawan Jolly and Nello Formisano will be at the conference.
Nello received funding from the Royal Society of Chemistry and the University of Bath (Alumni Fund Travel Bursary) to attend the conference.
Dr Susana Liebana, a PROSENSE Marie Curie Fellow at Applied Enzyme Technology Ltd (Gwent Group) is doing a one month secondment in our group (16 February - 13 March).
M Li, SY Xu, AJ Gross, JL Hammond, P Estrela, J Weber, K Lacina, TD James, F Marken: "Ferrocene-Boronic Acid – Fructose Binding Based on Dual-Plate Generator-Collector Voltammetry and Square-Wave Voltammetry", ChemElectroChem, in press