I've written about UKSSD before when I wondered about why there were so few educational members. They are in the news again and here's a question: How many of these significant people have you heard of:
- Dominic White - Head of International Policy, WWF-UK
- Farooq Ullah - Director, Stakeholder Forum
- Emily Auckland - Bioregional
- Francesca Sharp - Sustainability Manager, ICAEW
- Nick Davies - Founder, Neighbourly
- Steve Kenzie - Executive Director, UN Global Compact UK Network
- Louise Scott – Director Global Sustainability, PwC
- Prof. Steve Martin – English Learning for Sustainability Alliance
- Jason Perks – Director Sustainability UK, DNVGL
- Dr Wanda Wyporska – Executive Director, The Equality Trust
- Amanda Powell-Smith – Chief Executive, Forster Communications
- Colin Curtis – Strategy Director, TBL Services
"creates a space to mobilise people, communities and organisations in the UK so they can play their part to create decent work in a prosperous economy and a fair and just society – all within the Earth’s limits."
How did you do? I managed 2 out of 12. Not too bad ... .
You might ask yourself the same question about the 38 partners. I managed to recognise 13. Clearly, I should get out more, but let me ask again, where's the TUC? Where's the CBI? Where's UUK? Where's the NUT? Where's John Lewis? Where's the Co-op. Even, where's Aldersgate? It's a puzzle as to who UKSSD represents.