We have a series of exciting visits involving our Strategic Partners this month. Here are some highlights to look out for:
- On 4 June the Director of External Affairs from the National University of Colombia (UNAL) will be visiting the University to discuss the consolidation of existing and development of new activities under our university-wide partnership.
- The Vice President Professor Alvaro Crósta and his adviser from the University of Campinas (UNICAMP) will be visiting on 5 June. They are here to meet with the Academic Skills Centre to finalise a collaborative programme of teacher training activities that has been in development for the past year.
- Professor Colin Grant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Internationalisation) is in South Africa this week visiting our Strategic Partner, Stellenbosch University. He will be discussing the next steps in our bilateral agreement and multilateral interests. Whilst in South Africa, he will also be in Pretoria to engage with policy makers.
- A delegation from the Faculty of Engineering and Design, led by Dean Professor Gary Hawley, will be in Singapore to meet with Nanyang Technological University and the National University of Singapore. Whilst in Singapore, there are also plans to meet with Dyson, Rolls Royce, Airbus and the Singapore Public Water Utility.
Exploring new opportunities for collaboration in research, Professor Grant will be in Qatar at the end of the month to meet with the Qatar Foundation, and in Dubai to meet with alumni and UK universities based there.
If you are a member of staff and have an international visit coming up, we'd like to know. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am very delighted to write the first post.
First of all, here are some recent developments the University has achieved internationally. We’ll be discussing some of them in the future posts.
- The University’s new International Strategy was adopted by Council on the 26th February 2015. If you want to meet in person and discuss aspects of the Strategy, please get in touch with me.
- The new IRO section introduces who we are and what we do. Further developments to the University website will soon be underway to create and update content to reflect our new international direction.
- We have created a new IRO wiki. This self-help source can help you find information about our recruitment, mobility and partnerships activities, including advice on international travel and guidelines on hosting visitors to detailed briefings on our Strategic Partners.
- I am very delighted to announce we have received a Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards nomination for Outstanding International Strategy.
We’ve also recently hosted a number of high-profile events.
- Professor Colin Grant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Internationalisation) greeted TUM’s Senior Vice President Professor Hana Milanov to build closer ties between the two universities to explore future collaborations.
- The Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor hosted an alumni event in New York and were joined by Bath alumni and friends from across the United States.
- We celebrated the Year of Mexico in the UK and the UK in Mexico by visiting our partners in Mexico and hosting a Mexico Day on campus. It highlighted our strong engagement with Mexico in research, student exchange and recruitment.
- The Dean of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) led a major delegation to Brazil to discuss research and funding opportunities with our Strategic Partners.
We plan to post regularly about specific initiatives and activities taking place on campus and overseas by members of the IRO. So, please stay tuned.