Progress to date
Despite minor set backs due to high winds and bad weather the project is on schedule.
- The final installment of ground floor slabs is complete.
- Installation of the building frame and columns has started and is making good progress.
- Wheel washers are in constant use at the site entrance. Construction vehicles are having wheels washed down before leaving the site in order to protect Convocation Avenue.
- The Energy Centre structure is complete, water tight and is now fully energised.
- The existing Energy Centre is gradually being disconnected and all transfers are underway.
- HV and LV power is live and under a University permit to work.
Progress in the coming period
- Following completion of the ground floor slabs, construction of the first floor will commence.
- Installation of a tarmac band around the site will commence to allow safe access to site.
Health & Safety
- Zero injury accidents.
- 100% score in safety audit.
- Ongoing reviews to optimise safe construction methods and improve risk management
- 99.9% of site waste to date diverted from land fill.
- Bristol & West Archaeology have been in attendance during excavation works but to date, nothing of archaeological value has been identified.
- Continued discussions and research to use more environmentally friendly construction materials
General queries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org