WES Conference 2014 - Leen Jabban's experience.

Posted in: Event

Members of WESBath at the WES Conference 2014

Attending the 6th annual WES conference was such a great opportunity given to me and 15 other Engineering & Design students from the University of Bath, including four of us from Elec Eng. The conference started with some inspirational talks which really warmed us up and made us feel more excited about the next day and about making a change in this world in general. The day was ended with a delicious dinner and some fun activities. The next day, we got to choose which 3 sessions to go to. One session that I found special was "Personal Presence: Communicating with impact." We got some valuable tips on how to seem more confident in meetings and interviews which is a very important thing for us to succeed in our careers.

Between the sessions we got to practice our networking skills and I even got the contact details of a person working in a company I would love to work in during my year long placement! I must admit that was really exciting. To sum it up, I think those two days were extremely beneficial and enjoyable and I would suggest that all female students should try attending one of the conferences during their 3/4 years of study.

Leen Jabban, 1st Year IMEE

WESBath arriving at WES conference
WESBath arriving at WES conference

Posted in: Event