This week is National Stress Awareness Week and is a good opportunity to take some time to think about our wellbeing. Stress is often a normal part of everyday life but can at times become overwhelming.
Mind have some fantastic information on stress, what it is and some strategies.
Often we need to take some time out and have a break when we are feeling stressed. Here are some of our top ways to take a break:
- Call a friend
- Go for a coffee
- Have a break from your phone and social media
- Walk the campus boundary walk
- Go for a run
- Read a book
- Take a bath
- Walk some of the Bath Skyline walk
- Play some sport. Bath Active has a free timetable
- Cook a healthy meal
- Do some breathing exercises
- Write a blog or diary entry
- Do some mindfulness colouring or sketching
- Fly a kite
- Go to a park or gardens
- Listen to music
- Take a nap
- Learn something new
- Be a tourist in Bath or visit somewhere new
Taking breaks when we are feeling stressed is a really good way of taking care of ourselves, however remember if it becomes overwhelming and you need any support for stress or any contributing factors Student Services is available to support you. Wellbeing Advisers are on duty seven days a week.
Let us know in the comments what you do to 'take a break'