Whether you are a new or returning student, studying remotely or back in Bath – we are so excited to welcome you – or welcome you back. Over the summer we have been busy working on the best ways we can support you over the coming year. Read on to find out more about how you can make the most of our services.
Keeping up to date
The way we operate will look a little bit different this year. Our base in the Virgil Building will only be open to students coming for a limited number of booked appointments and our events will be happening remotely. As the Semester progresses, things may change so keep up to date with our Update page.
How we can help
Despite these changes – we are still here to help! Whatever you want to do in the future – whether your career path is clear or not – your Careers Service is here to support you. We can advise you on opportunities you have right now, help you develop skills and if you are not sure what you want to do, we can help clarify your career thinking. Our focus is singular - we want to empower you to pursue careers that are fulfilling and to make a living doing what you love.
We have adapted our service to ensure flexibility and access when you need it:
- Online – meet with our expert Careers and Application Advisers, attend employer led events and participate in sector specific sessions to engage with Bath alumni.
- On-demand – engage with your future on MyFuture when it suits you. You have access to resources on demand to help you learn about different careers, access event recordings and a wealth of resources on making successful applications. Read our blog for more handy tips.
- In-person – We are currently able to offer a limited number of face to face appointments. As the Semester progresses we hope to be able to offer more of our services in person.
Find your future on MyFuture
MyFuture is your one-stop-shop for all things careers!
- You can access our vacancy board to search for internships and graduate-level opportunities from employers directly targeting Bath students and graduates.
- View our events calendar and book your place at our careers fairs, employer presentations, seminars, skills workshops and more.
- Book one-to-one appointments for careers and application advice
- Access online resources curated to support you at all stages of your career thinking: from figuring out what to do next to developing your skills or getting to grips with the recruitment process or exploring self-employment. With online workshops, videos and interactive activities, we’ll help you identify what you want from a future career.
You can log in using your University username and password.
Careers support to meet your needs
Career planning is a journey and we understand that your needs will change as you progress. New for this year, we are categorising our information, resources and events across three key themes. Look out for these categories to find curated information and resources. As a Bath student or graduate, wherever you are in your career thinking we can help.
Career Essentials is all about the application and selection process. We want to make sure that you have the practical skills to help you be successful. It covers things like:
- Understanding the job market
- Applications, CVs and cover letters
- Psychometric tests
- Assessment centres
Our programme of talks, practical workshops and curated resources will help you navigate all aspects of the application and selection process.
Career Discovery focuses on exploring your options. Learn about key industries and emerging trends. Meet and network with leading employers and discover your dream job or further study opportunity.
- Employer events and fairs
- Graduate destination information
- Postgraduate study
- Explore working for yourself
Career Fulfilment aims to give you the tools you need to be successful and fulfilled in your career. Explore your strengths and values, learn how to maintain your wellbeing and learn life-long career management skills. Your career path may be something that takes up a large part of your life. It's important that you have the skills to navigate the ups and downs of your career journey.
- How to choose a career
- Wellbeing at work
- Diversity: LGBTQ+, disability, gender and more
- Discover your strengths, personality and values
- Learn to network
- Develop ‘future skills’: emotional intelligence, resilience, leadership, networking and personal branding
- Stay up to date with the latest service information on our Careers Service update page
- Find out more about appointments
- Read our FAQs (you’ll need to log into MyFuture to view)
Follow us on social media