Dear overseas partners,
Welcome to the November issue of the University of Bath Agents' Newsletter.
There are a number of important updates detailed below, including details of new courses, virtual open days, live web chats and good news on post-study work visa's.
Please look at the table of contents below to make sure you don't miss an important update.
As always please share this information among your agents and with all those involved in counselling prospective students.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Applications are now open^
As many of you are no doubt aware, the University is now accepting applications for study in 2020.
Join our Postgraduate Virtual Open Day^
Our latest Postgraduate Virtual Open Day will be taking place on Wednesday, November 6 (11am-3pm GMT).
This is a great opportunity for students to learn about studying and living in Bath by interacting with current Postgraduate Students. As well as the live chat, there will also be two live webinars where our panel will answer live questions.
The two panels take place at:
Student Panel: 11:30am-12pm GMT
Ask the Experts panel: 12:30-1pm GMT.
To register for the event, please click here.
Web chats for UG students^
Throughout November and early December, we are holding several ‘About Bath’ web chats. In these live Q&As, prospective students can have their questions about studying at Bath answered by current undergraduate students. As well as sessions open to all prospective students, we are also holding country specific live Q&As for China, India and Thailand. Here, our international ambassadors will be happy to answer questions about life at Bath for Chinese, Indian and Thai students.
The dates for these events are:
Tuesday 5 November- ‘About Bath: China’ (for Chinese students)
Thursday 8 November- ‘About Bath: Thailand’ (for Thai students)
Saturday 30 November- ‘About Bath’ (open to all)
Monday 2 December- ‘About Bath: India’ (for Indian students)
Wed 11 December- ‘About Bath’ (open to all)
Students can find out more about sign up now.
UG Admissions update^
Welcome to the 2019/20 undergraduate admissions cycle. We hope that as agents, you will continue to introduce Bath to your students and offer all the many options of courses that we teach within our portfolio.
Please do explore the many courses we have available in our online prospectus, the link is here.
We do have some new courses and changes to some courses we want to make you aware of.
- Business Administration is now known as Business (BSc Hons), there are no changes to course content or structure, and it is purely a name change.
- Our language courses have changed, there are many more languages available please do explore the combinations online. Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please do not hesitate to contact us. All our courses are listed within the course heading of, Modern Languages BA (Hons).
Applications for 2020 entry^
We are currently reviewing those applications we have received and decisions will be processed shortly. When applicants are in receipt of an offer, please request that they read their Bath offer letter in detail and if there are any questions relating to the conditions given, please email through to firstname.lastname@example.org Some courses will be very popular and therefore we would recommend applications by the January 15th deadline in order to not be disappointed.
Should a student be studying a qualification that is currently not published on our online prospectus, please email us for information regarding our typical entry requirements at email@example.com.
Contacting us about UG applications^
Please be advised, there is a designated team who regularly review international applications and enquiries who are ready to help support you and your students, so please do not hesitate to get in touch, we have created a specific email address for your enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-study work visa to be reinstated for academic year 2020/21^
The UK Government has announced the creation of a new immigration route to enable international students to remain in the UK for two years after graduation.
On 11 September 2019 the UK Government announced the creation of a new immigration route which will enable international students to remain in the UK for two years after they have completed their studies. This will be called The Graduate Immigration Route.
The Government has published a Fact Sheet, including Frequently-Asked-Questions, on the new Graduate Immigration Route.
Key points are:
- The Graduate Immigration Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at the University of Bath
- Successful applicants on this route will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK at any skill level for a maximum period of two years. Graduates will be able to switch into skilled work once they have found a suitable job
- The new route will be launched in the summer of 2021, meaning that any eligible student who graduates in the summer of 2021 or after will be able to apply for the route
- The graduate immigration route will require a new application
- It will include the payment of a visa fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge. The exact fee will be set out in due course
This proposal is excellent news for our international students graduating from 2021 and future applicants looking to stay for an additional 2 years in the UK post-graduation to look for and /or take up work at any skill level.
The Student Immigration Service will provide support to international students wishing to apply for the Graduate Immigration Route when it opens.
Changes to MBA application process^
This year we have made a number of changes to the application process
- We now only require ONE professional reference, not two. We will contact the referee by email and request a reference. If the candidate already has a copy of the reference, they can upload this themselves.
- We now automatically consider each applicant for an MBA scholarship on receipt of application. Awards range from £5,000 to 30% of the tuition fee, in exceptional circumstances.
For full details of our entry requirements and how to apply please visit our website.
Skills centre update^
Reminder for commission invoices for pre-sessional:
Thank you for all your recruitment efforts over the past year. We would now like to invite you to submit your commission invoices for 2019 entry.
Please note that commission checking templates and final invoices for pre-sessional programmes must be sent separately to the Skills Centre and not to the postgraduate student recruitment team.
Please note that all initial invoices should be submitted by Friday 8 November 2019 to email@example.com.
2020 Pre-sessional Courses:
For your students who may be considering a pre-sessional programme now, we offer two entry points before the summer – 21 January 2019 and 15 April 2019. You can find out more about these courses and the entry requirements here.
The courses offer students the opportunity to:
- Develop their English language within the University environment, both Academic English and the skills they need to go on to further study here in the UK
- Get to know our University here in Bath to find out if this is the place where they want to study
- Experience the beautiful World Heritage City of Bath and the wonderful facilities, attractions and multi-cultural events it has to offer
- Explore the UK more widely, with easy access to Europe and its many incredible places to visit
Your students can find out further information and apply here.
Summer 2019 Pre-sessional Courses:
Following a transformation of our Pre-sessional Curriculum this summer, it is hugely rewarding to report on the positive results as just under 500 students transitioned successfully onto their postgraduate programmes. This transformation included an increased focus on language arising from feedback from previous years’ students and tutors in our Faculties and School of Management. We would like to thank all our agents for working so hard on our behalf to achieve such excellent results this year and look forward to continuing to work with you towards next year.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome back to students - Freshers Week^
Take a look our video here to see how Freshers Week returned with a bang as we welcomed new and returning students onto campus.
Summer may be over, but our campus and city continues to look beautiful during Autumn...